Teenager's Speech and Drama ClassesRathmines, Dun Laoghaire and Taney, Dundrum.
Teenagers Speech and Drama Classes: 1st-3rd Year
Young Teenager’s Speech and Drama Classes (Ages 13-15 1st-3rd year) Exam Grades 5-7. This 3.5 hour class is broken into the speech class: poetry speaking, exercises for clear speech, reading aloud, story-telling and public speaking: and drama class: group scenes, improvisation, mime, and character work. Exam Grades 5-7. Half course options available.
Junior Cert Speech and Drama Class: Courses for Shakespeare plays, and poetry performance and analysis. Take part in Speech and Drama exams based entirely on Junior Cert English material to gain UCAS points. Communication and public speaking courses to work on CBAs.
Teenagers Transition Year Programme
Transition Year Performing Arts Programme: In this intensive course, choose from a range of classes in acting for stage, acting to camera, theatre studies, film-making, costume design, set design, lighting and props, mime and movement, physical theatre, musical theatre – singing and dancing, and more. Gain a lot of performance experience while building up your performance CV and going on auditions. We will assist you in finding work experience with professional theatre companies. Opportunity to gain an Associate’s Diploma in Performing Arts from Trinity College London at the end of the year.
Gaisce: Why not take up Acting as part of the Bronze president’s award? Or try out one of our extra classes.
Teenagers Speech and Drama Classes: 5th-6th Year
Senior Teen Speech and Drama Class (Ages 16-18, 4th-6th Year) Exam Grades 8 & Diploma. Two 3 hour classes per week.
Speech Class: elocution class for teenagers. Vocal theory and speech training, building a clear, confident voice, public speaking and communication, poetry, prose and verse speaking, literature and theatre studies. Prepare audition pieces for entry to drama college.
Acting Class: acting techniques, workshops, movement and physical theatre, improvisation, group scenes, devising original performance material, film-making.
Leaving Cert Speech and Drama: Poetry performance courses designed to teach the skills to analyse any poem from a performer’s perspective – learn all about rhythm, meter, rhyme, sound effects, structure, and style. Specialised workshops for individual poets. Specialised workshops for comparative study films, plays, and prose, as well as Shakespeare. Take part in Speech and Drama exams based entirely on Leaving Cert English material to gain UCAS points.
Diploma Options: Many of our students complete associate level diploma exams (EQF level 5, equivalent to Irish level 6) before they have completed secondary school. These can be in either Speech and Drama performance, Musical Theatre, Performing Arts, Communication Skills, or Teaching Drama and Communication.
- Term 1: Monday September 26th – Sunday December 18th 2022 inclusive with a 1 week break Saturday October 29th-Friday November 4th inclusive. During this term students will be working on a group performance piece. Enrol for Term 1 here
- October Midterm Course: Tuesday-Friday November 1st-4th 2022
- Term 2: Thursday January 4th – Wednesday March 15th 2023 with a one week break Monday-Sunday February 20th-26th. During this term students will work on performing Irish folklore tales for St. Patrick’s Day as well as solo and group performance material for competitions and Speech and Drama exams
- February Midterm Course: Monday-Friday February 20th-24th 2023.
- Term 3: Monday March 20th-Sunday June 4th 2023 inclusive with two week break for Easter Monday April 3rd – Sunday April 16th. During this term students will work on solo and group work material for performance in solo and group competitions as well as Speech and Drama exams. A final performance on the final week of term.
- Easter Midterm Courses: Monday-Thursday April 3rd-6th and Tuesday-Friday April 11th-14th
How do I book teenager’s speech and drama classes?
You can select the image for your age group on this page or you can visit our course enrollment page to select your preferred location, day and time!