Young Teen Speech and Drama (Ages 12-15 1st-3rd Year): Similar to structure to our Junior class, but with more advanced content, this 3 hour class is broken into the speech class — exercises for clear and confident speech, reading aloud, story-telling and public speaking, solo performance pieces — and drama class — group scenes, improvisation, mime, and character work. In the Autumn term students work on a showreel monologue and a group play performed at the end of term in a Dublin venue. In the two terms after Christmas students work on a variety of solo and group performance pieces for Feis competitions and Trinity College London Speech and Drama exams. The fee is €500 per term and we have 3 terms per academic year totalling 30 weeks. We find Speech and Drama to be an enormous help with English Junior and Leaving Cert exams as courses include Shakespeare plays, and poetry performance and analysis. Speech and Drama exam material can be based entirely on Junior Cert English material and used to gain UCAS points. Communication and public speaking to improve skills ahead of CBAs.
We also offer a full agency service free of charge to all students which includes having headshots taken, being sent for relevant auditions, and help preparing for auditions and developing showreel pieces.
- Presbyterian Church, Upper York Road, Dun Laoghaire, A96 D529 https://goo.gl/maps/
- Cuisle Arts and Cultural Centre, St. Louis High School, Rathmines, D06 F860 https://goo.gl/maps/
Classes in other venues coming soon (Taney Parish, Castleknock Parish, Wesley House)
- Term 1 begins on Monday September 26th and continues through to Sunday December 18th with a one week break from Saturday October 29th – Friday November 4th inclusive.
- Term 2 begins on Thursday January 5th and continues through to Wednesday March 15th with a one week break from Monday February 20th-Sunday February 26th.
- Term 3 begins on Monday March 20th and continue through to Sunday June 4th with a two week break from Monday April 3rd to Sunday April 16th.