Our school presents three children’s theatre productions each year: A full length play at Christmas, a Mixed Bag Showcase of our student-devised work at the end of the year, and in the summer a promenade site-specific production at venues such as Dublin Castle, Rathfarnham Castle, Farmleigh House and The Pearse Museum. We also have a variety of poetry and prose recitals throughout the year.
Our film classes produce between 1 and 3 short films per year. Hands on experience of shooting is essential to learning filmmaking so our film students jump right in to working with camera, lighting and sound to produce self directed and original short films.
Recent children’s theatre productions:
- Trifles by Susan Glaspell, March 2021, Radio Play
- Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward, January 2021, on Zoom
- The Snow Queen, December 2020, on Zoom
- The Importance of Being Wilde, January 2020, The Pearse Museum
- A Little Princess, December 2018, The Pearse Museum
- The Secret Garden 2018 Rathfarnham Castle
- The Adventures of Alice 2017 Pearse Museum
- The Eternal Globe December 2017 The Mill Theatre which can be watched here.
Recent children’s film productions:
- Currently in Production: The Merchant of Venice Film, Teen Acting Class
- School Mockumentary, Teen Acting Class
- Little Red Riding Hood vs Madison Wolf, Teen Summer Camp
- The Forgotten, 2022, Advanced Junior Film class
- Zombie School, 2022, Junior film class
For the 50th year celebration production in 2009, The school presented the Irish premiere of “Coram Boy”(Originally Written for the National Theatre in London By Helen Edmunson and adapted from the novel by Jamila Gavin) which played in the DLR Mill Theatre, Dundrum and The O’Reilly Theatre. Our plans for our 60th year production were put on hold due to Covid-19, but we are looking forward to our next school wide production which will be bigger and better than ever!